Well, it’s finally here! After a week of sleepless work, I cleaned up the Jailer codebase and added many features (and removed some as well!) that I wanted since last year 🙂
If you are reading this, please consider testing Jailer on FreeBSD. The codebase is at illuria/jailer.
The README.md should have all the info that you need to run Jailer.
If find any issues, please report to illuria/jailer/issues or you can email me personally at
antranigv [at] freebsd [dot] am
Here’s the roadmap for what’s coming next
- Complete NetGraph support using
Jailerfile, which will be something similar to
Dockerfile, allowing developers to create consistent images.
jailerctl, for remote
jailerautomation. This will be an open-source port of what illuria has already developed.
- Distributed Jailer, where
jailerctl listwill show not just what’s on a remote machine, but on a remote datacenter, inspired by Triton. Again, we have this at illuria, but we need to create an open-source port.
This release is dedicated to
- The FreeBSD community, because you helped me start a career.
- Michael Dexter, for being an amazing mentor.
- Norayr Chilingarian, for introducing me to UNIX when I was a teen.
- My SO, Syunetsi, for helping me to work a whole week without distractions and being next to me.
Thank you for reading 🙂
That’s all folks…